Sunday, January 14th, 2018
12pm – complete
Clara Thompson Hall, Drury University
All players of standard orchestral instruments, piano, and saxophone through Grade 12 currently:
A resident of SW Missouri or NW Arkansas (MO: McDonald, Newton, Jasper, Barton, Vernon, St. Clair, Cedar, Dade, Lawrence, Barry, Stone, Taney, Ozark, Douglas, Christian, Greene, Webster, Wright, LaClede, Camden, Miller, Hickory, Polk, Dallas counties; AR: Benton, Carroll, Washington, Madison counties)
A student of a member of the Springfield Symphony or faculty at Drury, Evangel, MSU, SBU, College of the Ozarks, Central Bible College, Missouri Southern State University
A member of the Springfield Youth Symphony
Winners are NOT eligible to compete again the year after their successful audition; winners MAY compete again the 2nd year after their successful audition.
- concerto (or like) with orchestral accompaniment
- one movement or stand alone piece not to exceed 10 minutes
- Please return this form with your $45 application fee (used to cover costs of judges and music) no later than January 10th.
- Entrants will be scheduled sequentially (from 12 pm onward) as applications are received
- If we determine that your intended repertoire is unavailable for purchase/rental or is prohibitively expensive, we will refund your application fee.
- Perform from memory
- Perform with a piano accompanist (arranging for their own accompanist)
- Provide 3 copies of the music for the judges
Failure to comply with #’s 1-3 above will result in disqualification without refund of application fee!
All entrants will receive comment sheets from the judges, mailed within two weeks of the competition’s conclusion.
- Entrants should arrive at least 20 minutes early to check-in; practice rooms will be available for warm-up
- Auditions are closed (no audience)
- No contact with the judges is permitted during the competition
- 1 or 2 winners (or no winner)
- winner(s) will perform on the SDCO’s final concert of the season
January 5th, 2018
Please send your completed application and a $45 check payable to “Drury University” to:
Attn; Christopher Koch
900 North Benton Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802