Sunday, January 20th, 2019
12pm – complete
Clara Thompson Hall, Drury University
January 10th, 2019
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORM BELOW
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED SHORTLY AFTER JANUARY 10th
- All players of standard orchestral instruments, piano, and saxophone through Grade 12
- Winners are NOT eligible to compete again the year after their successful audition; winners MAY compete again the 2nd year after their successful audition.
- Note to Pianists: Due to factors at the venue for this year’s concert, we will only have a 6′ grand available for any potential piano winners.
- concerto (or like) with orchestral accompaniment
- one concerto movement -OR- stand alone piece not to exceed 10 minutes
- Please complete the form below and mail your $45 application fee (used to cover costs of judges and music) no later than January 5th.
- Entrants will be scheduled sequentially as applications are received.
- If we determine that your intended repertoire is unavailable for purchase/rental or is prohibitively expensive, we will refund your application fee.
- Perform from memory
- Perform with a piano accompanist (arranging for their own accompanist)
- Provide 3 copies of the music for the judges (photocopies only/music will not be returned)
Failure to comply with #’s 1-3 above will result in disqualification without refund of application fee!
All entrants will receive comment sheets from the judges.
- Entrants should arrive at least 20 minutes early to check-in; practice rooms will be available for warm-up
- Auditions are closed (no audience)
- No contact with the judges is permitted during the competition
- 1 winner will be selected from the SW Missouri/NW Arkansas region
- up to 2 additional winners will be selected from all applicants (no residence restrictions)
- winners will perform on the SDCO’s final concert of the season
- at the judges’ discretion, an overall winner may be selected who will also receive a $500 award
January 10th, 2019
Please click below to complete our online form: